Find duplicate data within a column.

  1. #1
    Steve Franklin
    Guest

    Find duplicate data within a column.

    Hi there...

    I have a single column of data and I wish to highlight all the information
    in the cells where the data is matched with another cell in the column. Not
    sure if that explains it very well, but basically in the example below I
    want to indentify the rows that contain the two exact same numbers.

    I am trying to find unique pairs of data.

    E.g in the example below I want to be able to identify the two instances of
    424543.

    I know I can sort but the dataset is too large to do this manually...i.e
    there are lots of instances...

    any help would be very much appreciated.

    Thanks
    Steve

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Find duplicate data within a column.

    Steve, have a look here http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Steve Franklin
    Guest

    Re: Find duplicate data within a column.

    Excellent...thanks so much...

    Love the community spirit of newsgroups...

    news:[email protected]...