Not printing symbol in excel

  1. #1
    Paul Barberton
    Guest

    Not printing symbol in excel

    Using Excel 2000, Windows98se & HP Deskjet 5550 printer.

    Using symbols from the symbol.ttf font on the spreadsheet: I can see them in
    the cells as well as in print preview, but they print as question marks '?'

    Actually this didn't use to be a problem but now I can't remedy it. I have
    download what HP said as the latest driver for the printer, but it made no
    difference. The same thing doesn't happen in Word so I now assume it is an
    Excel problem.

    A solution would be much appreciated.

    Paul

  2. #2
    Paul Barberton
    Guest

    Re: Not printing symbol in excel

    I have just seen that this is only happening in a particular workbook. This
    is all the more strange.

    Paul

    "Paul Barberton" <pb000@[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Using Excel 2000, Windows98se & HP Deskjet 5550 printer.
    >
    > Using symbols from the symbol.ttf font on the spreadsheet: I can see them

    in
    > the cells as well as in print preview, but they print as question marks

    '?'