HOW DO I CALCULATE A RUNNING PERCENTAGE

  1. #1
    fniguy24095
    Guest

    HOW DO I CALCULATE A RUNNING PERCENTAGE

    I would like to figure out the percentage of units sold. I have 4 possible
    products to sell each customer. I already have it so if i enter an amount
    greater than 1 under one of the products, i get a 1 in a cell and if i dont
    enter an amount i get a zero using the formula "=IF($G2>1,"1","0")". I would
    like to have it calculate the percentage based on each customer. For
    example, if in row 2(customer1) i sell a product, it should display 100%.
    Then in row 3 (customer 2) i do not sell a product, it should display 50%
    without changing the 100% in row 2.

    I hope this makes as much sense to you as it does to me. I can give a more
    detailed explanation for anyone who is willing to help.

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    RE: HOW DO I CALCULATE A RUNNING PERCENTAGE

    Hello fniguy-

    Am not sure of your request but haven't had time to look at it thoroughly,
    but one thing I did notice... If the actual formula in your worksheet has
    quotes around the 1 & 0 as shown in your post, they need to be _removed_. The
    results they give if the quotes are used are the Text characters 1 & 0, not
    the Numbers 1 & 0. Text characters present a challenge if you want to use
    them for calculations.

    HTH |:>)

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do.
    Can you please try to explain with examples?