Conditional formulas

  1. #1
    billservit
    Guest

    Conditional formulas

    I need to timestamp a cell when the value of another cell changes from blank
    to non-blank.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formulas

    You need VBA else the time will chnage frequently

    On Error GoTo ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
    If Target.Value = "" Then
    Range("B1").Value <> Format(Time, "hh:mm:ss")

    ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = True

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    RCW
    Guest

    RE: Conditional formulas

    If you wanted to time, date, and user stamp every change made in the first
    300 rows you can do something like this. The stamps for A1:Z300 would
    appear in AA1:AZ300 off creen to the right or you could hide that area so
    only you would know it's there. Just change the offset if you want it
    somewhere else. If the currently active Offset and Application.Username
    lines don't produce the name you expect, comment them out and activate the
    offset and Environ("username") lines by changing the apostrophes at the
    beginning of those two lines. Paste this into the worksheet by right mouse
    clicking the worksheet tab and selecting View Code.

    On Error GoTo ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:Z300")) Is Nothing Then
    With Target
    .Offset(0, 26).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm ") _
    & Application.UserName
    '.Offset(0, 26).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm ") _
    '& Environ("username")

    End With
    End If

    ws_exit: