How do I export Excel in a semi-colon delimited format?

  1. #1
    Robert1105
    Guest

    How do I export Excel in a semi-colon delimited format?

    I would like to export an Excel worksheet in a semi-colon delimited format
    instead of a comma delimited format. Is that possible?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I export Excel in a semi-colon delimited format?

    See Chip[ Pearson';s site for code.

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm#Export

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: How do I export Excel in a semi-colon delimited format?

    Robert,

    Try the Text Write Program at www.smokeylake.com/excel. Put a semicolon in
    the Field Delimiter field on the setup sheet. Then go to your sheet, press
    Ctrl-Shift-W, and let 'er rip.

    --
    Earl Kiosterud

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Robert1105
    Guest

    Re: How do I export Excel in a semi-colon delimited format?

    Thanks for the assistance. I will look these up see how they help.

  5. #5
    Total Hosting 1
    Guest

    Re: How do I export Excel in a semi-colon delimited format?

    Hi Earl

    Great job. Two things that would be great, if I may.

    1) I like the browse button, but that is for opening a program. You might
    want to label it as such. I was looking for a way to change the folder the
    file saves in. Which, due to proximity, was what I expected. You should put a
    mention in that the output is saved relative to your file, not the source.

    2) I would like to have delimiters around empty cells in rows. It would be
    nice, especially if you define an explicit area for export. Some rows have
    all columns filled, others do not. I see that it puts in delims if there is a
    non-empty cell a few columns over to the right. The other idea would be for
    the macro to scan the worksheet, determine the right-most column used and
    then rip the sheet.

    Thanks

    Pete