Auto save with a numerical number

  1. #1
    Sean Leonard
    Guest

    Auto save with a numerical number

    I would like to have a button to Save and print, what I would like to do is
    have a sheet "stupid proof" where the user will enter data into a single cell
    and when completed the Print & Save button would be pressed, when this is
    done I would like Excel to Save the sheet to a file name one digit above the
    last, e.g. if last file was c:\form\abc00001.xls I would like Excel save the
    next file as c:\form\abc00002.xls. The sheet will have a lot more data on it.
    I have no idea how to go about this or even where to search for help.
    Thanking you in advance.

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Auto save with a numerical number

    Sean,

    Some of the code in the following post may get you close...
    (see my post or Dave Peterson's)

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?M1EE3480B

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA