My brain hurts...

  1. #1
    Buttaflye
    Guest

    My brain hurts...

    I don't even know where to begin with this one. I have information that
    needs to go into some form of a chart--any chart. I need to show the number
    of departments in several buildings that are compliant with rules from Jan
    thru April. Basically, from what I can see, I need to have three axis:
    month, building, and number. What graph should I use and how should I go
    about doing this?

  2. #2
    Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)
    Guest

    Re: My brain hurts...

    Buttaflye wrote:

    >I don't even know where to begin with this one. I have information that
    >needs to go into some form of a chart--any chart. I need to show the number
    >of departments in several buildings that are compliant with rules from Jan
    >thru April. Basically, from what I can see, I need to have three axis:
    >month, building, and number. What graph should I use and how should I go
    >about doing this?

    One approach is a simple 2 axis month and number chart. And put
    multiple lines on it, one for each building.

    Alternatively there are bar chart approaches which would show multiple
    bars at each month - one for each building.

    What looks good to the eye depends on how many of various data points
    you have.

    Good luck....

    Bill

  3. #3
    Gary's Student
    Guest

    Re: My brain hurts...

    Most managers and administrative types love trend charts. So you can create
    a set of charts with time (month) as the x-axis (bottom axis). The first
    chart could be a progress summary chart that shows compliance vs
    non-compliance for your whole organization (all buildings and all
    departments. This progress summary chart would show overall progress trends.
    Then you could have a set of individual progress charts showing how either
    departments or builds became more or less compliant over time. Finally you
    could have a status chart for the last month in your data to show a
    comparison of departments or buildings in that last month.
    --
    Gary's Student