Mass removal of green triangles

  1. #1
    Jonathan
    Guest

    Mass removal of green triangles

    Using XL2002. When I open an old file or construct a new one with slabs of
    copying, I sometimes get green triangles all down a long column of results. I
    appreciate the warning about potential errors but then I want to remove the
    triangles. Individually I can click on Ignore Error, but that gets tedious
    when there's a hundred to do, or even a dozen. I don't want to turn off Smart
    Tags altogether as I'm generally happy with them. Is there a way of mass
    acceptance of Ignore Error?

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Mass removal of green triangles

    They are not smart tags but rather "background error checking" indicators.
    You can turn them on/off under Tools, Options, Error Checking.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jonathan
    Guest

    Re: Mass removal of green triangles

    Thanks for your quick response Jim, and I accept your correction.

    I realise I can turn the background error checking off and they'll vanish,
    but I have assumed they must be of use (or those Nice Chaps in MS wouldn't
    have invented them) so have been leaving them showing. Is there a way of
    mass-acceptance?