Changing data format

  1. #1
    frustratedwthis
    Guest

    Changing data format

    I have a program that sends a report to excel, however, instead of putting
    the information in coulmns, it places it all in one cell with spaces. Is the
    only way to get all this information into columns, cut & paste or is there an
    easier way?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Changing data format

    Try Data>Text to columns in the menu bar

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dab
    Guest

    Re: Changing data format

    You can parse the data:

    You cannot split a cell or range (range: Two or more cells on a sheet. The
    cells in a range can be adjacent or nonadjacent.) of cells that was not
    previously merged. You can, however, divide the contents of unmerged cells
    and display them across other cells.

    1.. Select the cell, the range of cells, or the entire column that
    contains the text values that you want to divide across other cells. A range
    can be any number of rows tall, but no more than one column wide.
    Important Unless there are one or more blank columns to the right of the
    selected column, the data to the right of the selected column will be
    overwritten.

    2.. On the Data menu, click Text to Columns.
    3.. Follow the instructions in the Convert Text to Columns Wizard to
    specify how you want to divide the text into columns.

    --
    Dab

    Cut off: yourhead to respond

  4. #4