numbers being entered show in formula bar but not in cell?

  1. #1
    Jim in Florida
    Guest

    numbers being entered show in formula bar but not in cell?

    There is a "mystery" column in an existing worksheet that I can enter numbers
    into but they do not show in the cell while I them. And they don't show in
    the cell after they are entered. But - they show in the formula bar as they
    are being keyed and aftewards. The cells seem to contain the data even
    though nothing appears in the cell - the value is correctly included in a
    sum'd cell along with visable values from adjacent cells in adjacent columns.

    Also - if i key the numberinto a cell in a different column, I see it in the
    cell as it is being typed and aftward. Then, if i copy the cell into the
    "mystery" column, the value will be visable in the cell within the "mystery"
    column.

    Stumped in Florida... Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jim

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: numbers being entered show in formula bar but not in cell?

    Hi
    Maybe the text colour in the mystery cell is set to white.

    --
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: numbers being entered show in formula bar but not in cell?

    Andy suggested checking the font color.

    It's also possible that the cell is formatted ";;;" meaning that it will
    display no entry of any kind. Just change it to Normal style

    Format>Style>Normal