adjust column width

  1. #1
    coolbeans
    Guest

    adjust column width

    I have a command file that creates a .csv spreadsheet. The information in
    some of the cells/colums are larger than the column width, so I get #####. I
    know I can just go up to the format tab and correct things that way, but what
    I would really like to happen is when I open the spreadsheet, all the columns
    autofix automatically. Is this possible?

  2. #2

    Re: adjust column width

    There's nothing that you can put in the .csv file that will help excel autofit
    those columns. The .csv file is just plain old text--it doesn't contain
    formatting (including columnwidth).

    If your offending column is C (say), you could doubleclick on that vertical line
    between the column header between C and D.

    To to get all columns, hit ctrl-a (twice in xl2003) and then double click on any
    of those vertical lines.