pivot table - Can I pre-define rows and columns?

  1. #1
    WRBailey
    Guest

    pivot table - Can I pre-define rows and columns?

    Is there a way to "pre-define" the rows/columns of a PT?
    If I select the data, I only get rows/columns for data that's in my source.
    I would like to pre-define the rows/columns so that if there is no data in
    the source, the cells would still be there but would either be blank or
    contain a zero.

    Thanks,
    Bill

  2. #2
    WillR
    Guest

    RE: pivot table - Can I pre-define rows and columns?

    You can predefine the data range if you have the field names in place (you
    can have no data, but you do need field names)

    With no data, you can still set up the PT but you do need the field names.
    --
    Kind Regards,
    Will Riley

  3. #3
    WRBailey
    Guest

    RE: pivot table - Can I pre-define rows and columns?

    Hmmmmm.
    can you tell me how to specify the Field Names? The only way I know to do it
    is to select the source data.

  4. #4
    WRBailey
    Guest

    RE: pivot table - Can I pre-define rows and columns?

    BTW I'm using Excel 2003