add email address to a list of names

  1. #1
    biochemist
    Guest

    add email address to a list of names

    I have a list of names, 1st column has last name, 2nd column has first name
    and I know what the email address would be for each person: example would be
    like [email protected]. How do I add a column that would be a email
    address of each of the different people

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: add email address to a list of names

    Hi biochemist

    Try this formula

    =HYPERLINK("mailto:" & A1 & B1&"@something.com")

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Biochemist
    Guest

    Re: add email address to a list of names

    I guess I was not very clear I need to do this to a whole series of cell:
    example would be like Cell A1 Smith, Cell B1 John, and then in cell a2 Brown
    cell b2 Peter etc… and what I want is to be able to do this from say a1 to
    a1054 and b1 to b1054 and in cell c1 to c1054 have the read
    [email protected] and cell c2 [email protected], they would
    all have the same .somewhere.com. I hope I was more clear here than in the
    last time.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: add email address to a list of names

    Just copy Ron's formula down Column C as far as you wish(1054 rows?)

    OR double-click on the fill handle(square lump on bottom right corner of C1)
    to fill down if data is contiguous in column B.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Biochemist
    Guest

    Re: add email address to a list of names

    Super, thanks but how do you get the underscore to appear betwenn first and
    last name with no space?

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: add email address to a list of names

    Assuming you have no spaces in A1 and B1.........

    =HYPERLINK("mailto:" & A1 & "_" & B1 & "@something.com")

    Gord