Keeping one part of a formula same, but change other cell ref?

  1. #1
    kwelp
    Guest

    Keeping one part of a formula same, but change other cell ref?

    How do I keep one part of a cell formula the same, but change the other
    referenced cell? Example: =sum(D2/D9) where D9 stays the same, but D2 will
    change to D3, D4, etc.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Keeping one part of a formula same, but change other cell ref?

    First of all, the sum function is not necessary when you only have 2 cells
    that you divide

    =D2/$D$9

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    kwelp
    Guest

    Re: Keeping one part of a formula same, but change other cell ref?

    thank you, couldn't remember the "$" sign to keep a cell reference constant.
    I am using more than two cells, a whole list as a matter of fact.

  4. #4
    Dana DeLouis
    Guest

    Re: Keeping one part of a formula same, but change other cell ref?

    You may want to know about the F4 button as well. As you finish typing
    "D9", hit the F4 button to cycle thru the options. It will place the "$" in
    the cell address for you. HTH :>)

    --
    Dana DeLouis
    Win XP & Office 2003