Formulas don't calculate until SAVE (excel 2000)

  1. #1
    Rick G.
    Guest

    Formulas don't calculate until SAVE (excel 2000)

    I have a client who insists they have a spreadsheet in
    which calculations of certain formulas do not occur until
    they SAVE the spreadsheet. They say it used to always
    auto-calculate upon entering in data into CELLS but
    changed to NOW only calculating when they press the SAVE
    speedbutton.

    I asked them if they started doing anything new or
    different? They said they just recently started pasting
    new columns from anything spreadsheet (provided by
    another company).

    It is an inconvenience to keep having to press SAVE.

    Any Ideas?

    --Rick

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Formulas don't calculate until SAVE (excel 2000)

    It soulds as though Calculate has become manual.

  3. #3
    Rick G.
    Guest

    RE: Formulas don't calculate until SAVE (excel 2000)

    BJ- Thank You so Much! I believe calculation was being set to "Manual" after
    a "Special Paste" where we needed to paste a column of VALUES instead of the
    source formulas...

    THANK YOU AGAIN! VERY HELPFUL!!!

    --Rick