Adding Futura Bk font

  1. #1
    Scott
    Guest

    Adding Futura Bk font

    Hello,

    I'd like to use the Futura Bk font within my Excel spreadsheet. When I
    select the drop down box for possible font selections, Futura Bk is not an
    option. I had the Futura Bk option available to me when I used previous
    versions of Excel.

    How do I add Futura Bk as a possible font selection for my Excel
    spreadsheets?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    -Scott

  2. #2

    Re: Adding Futura Bk font

    Do you have that font installed on your pc?

    windows start button|settings|control panel|font applet

    If you don't, then you'll have to install that font. (I have winXP home and
    xl2003 and that font is installed on my pc--but I'm not sure if it's part of
    Windows XP or where I got it.)

    You could visit google to search for that font. You may find it out there
    somewhere.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Adding Futura Bk font

    Scott

    This font has not yet been installed in Windows Fonts Folder.

    Have the font file handy then go to Start>Settings>Control
    Panel>Fonts>File>Install Fonts.

    If you don't have the font file handy you will have to purchase and download
    from somewhere.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Adding Futura Bk font

    Fonts supplied with Windows XP.

    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/winxp.htm

    Futura not listed.

    Gord

  5. #5

    Re: Adding Futura Bk font

    Who knows what application installs it. (I don't!)

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Adding Futura Bk font

    None of the multitude of programs I have installed.

    Futura not in my Windows>Fonts list.

    Gord