how do I merge 2 cells in excel without loosing data

  1. #1
    wimmat
    Guest

    how do I merge 2 cells in excel without loosing data

    how to merge two colums?
    one contains text rows
    the other contains numeric data
    without loosing any of the data
    this means merging the data also

    thanks for your help

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: how do I merge 2 cells in excel without loosing data

    Try Debra's nice coverage at her:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlCombine01.html

    She also provides some examples of how to format the numeric data part when
    it's combined with text under the "Formatting Examples" section - scroll
    down towards the end of the page
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jess
    Guest

    RE: how do I merge 2 cells in excel without loosing data

    Put this formula in a third column:

    =CELL1&" "&CELL2

    Where CELL1 = the first cell you want to merge, eg A1 and CELL2 = the second
    cell, eg B1 - NB there is a space between the "s

    Hope that makes sense
    Jess