Split worksheet?

  1. #1
    Richard
    Guest

    Split worksheet?

    Hi guys - I have a problem with Excel and I don't know what the feature
    is called so please stay with me whilst I describe it!

    In the very top left of the sheet (beneath the Name Box) are two
    numbers in boxes side by side. They are labelled one and two, and when
    I click on them it either hides every-other line or shows them. There
    is a new bar down the left of the screen with + signs that you can
    click on to expand individual lines, or minus signs that you can click
    to hide them again.

    This happens when I export from the database I'm using to excel, and
    the data on the "sub" lines (not a technical term but I hope you
    follow) needs to be deleted before I can do anything with it.

    This will get very time consuming in the future! Does anyone know what
    this feature is and how I can delete all the line 2s / sublines that it
    gives me?

    Thank you very much!

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Split worksheet?

    Hi

    It sounds like Data|Subtotal or Data|Group and Outline to me.

    --
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Richard
    Guest

    Re: Split worksheet?

    It was group and outline - thank you!!

    I turned it off, sorted by the offending column and was able to delete
    the unuseable data all at once. Wonderful!

  4. #4
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: Split worksheet?

    Hi

    I believe what you see is grouping, as found in the Data > Group and
    outline menu. There is a "clear outline" command in there to make it go away
    if so.

    I believe you'll need a macro to automatically delete data.

    Hth. best wishes Harald

    "Richard" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Guest

    Re: Split worksheet?