Increasing M in M/D/Y

  1. #1
    Bill45
    Guest

    Increasing M in M/D/Y

    I have a sheet in a workbook for each month. The first col in each sheet is
    Date in mmddyy format. When I start a new month, I cut and paste the previous
    month for all the dates and headings so that I don't have to retype them into
    the new months sheet. What is an easy way to then increase the mm in mmddyy
    by 1; ie, when I copy May's to Jun sheet, I have 05/01/2005... 05/31/2005
    down column A. What is the easiest way to change the 5's to 6's w/o having
    to do each manually. I'm hoping that the answer to this may put me on a track
    to make other type of automated changes in my Excel usage. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: Increasing M in M/D/Y

    Hi

    With any date in A1:
    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,(DAY(A1)))

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "Bill45" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a sheet in a workbook for each month. The first col in each sheet

    is
    > Date in mmddyy format. When I start a new month, I cut and paste the

    previous

  3. #3
    Pat Flynn
    Guest

    RE: Increasing M in M/D/Y

    Easiest way is to keep all data on 1 sheet & use pivot table to generate your
    monthly report/charts
    Pat