Formatting Auto Shapes - Rectangle

  1. #1
    Woody13
    Guest

    Formatting Auto Shapes - Rectangle

    I have created something but cannot recreate it and cannot remember what I
    did differently. Clicked on Rectangle to form a perimeter around a few cells
    and wanted it to look 3-D, which I have done in the past with the shadow
    function, specifically shadow style 6. The rectangle I made transparent so
    that I can see the numbers underneath. Now when I try this, the shadow does
    not form correctly. Because its transparent I can see through it and see the
    shadow line behind it instead of it looking like a white box with a grey
    shadow. Hard to describe but can someone help? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Formatting Auto Shapes - Rectangle

    Dont draw the rectangle - just select the cells and then apply the shadow.
    Excel will create the transparent rectangle and shadow it correctly.