Simultaneous Excel backgrounds....

  1. #1
    Colin Hayes
    Guest

    Simultaneous Excel backgrounds....

    HI all

    I have a work book of 25 sheets. I want to apply the same background
    image to all the sheets.

    If I highlight all the tabs and use Format -> Sheet -> Background ,
    Excel won't allow me to apply the background. Background is greyed out
    in this circumstance.

    Does this mean I have to go through the same process for each individual
    sheet? This seems extremely long-winded. Or is there a way to apply the
    same background to all the sheets all at one go?

    Best Wishes

    Drno

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Simultaneous Excel backgrounds....

    Colin

    Macro......

    Sub bkgrnd()
    For Each Sheet In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
    Sheet.SetBackgroundPicture Filename:="E:\My Pictures\12345678.jpg"
    Next
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Simultaneous Excel backgrounds....

    Colin,

    Here are some things to consider. Each time you use an image file for a
    sheet background, the size of the file goes up as the raster size/pixel
    depth of the image - not the compressed file size. A gif image I tried was
    15K, but increased the workbook file size 105K. When I put the same image
    in the background of a second sheet, the file size went up another 105K.
    Some images are waaaaaaay larger than that. You'll want to convert the
    image to the minimum resolution and pixel depth that works adequately, if
    you want to keep the file size down.

    Don't forget that background images don't print and don't zoom.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud

    news:[email protected]...