How to autofit row height for merged wrapped cells

  1. #1

    How to autofit row height for merged wrapped cells

    Hi,

    If you have a wrapped cell in Excel 2003 and go past the cell width,
    when you press enter, the cell will automatically 'grow' in height to
    fit your text.

    I need to do this for a merged wrapped cell. Does anyone know if this
    is possible?

    Thanks,

    Michele

  2. #2

    Re: How to autofit row height for merged wrapped cells

    Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

  3. #3

    Re: How to autofit row height for merged wrapped cells

    Hi Dave,

    Well that's cool and everything, but my form is already there and a
    macro is not involved (well at this stage). It's a quote form and I
    want my customer to include paragraph style text. It's silly to make
    him go to a new cell for subsequent rows, especially since he will need
    to edit later.

    You're great for replying, but I don't think this solution will work
    for me.

    Thanks,

    Michele

  4. #4

    Re: How to autofit row height for merged wrapped cells

    Then I think the user will have to resize the rowheight manually.