open new instance of excel. Plese cure my frustration

  1. #1
    matt charlton
    Guest

    open new instance of excel. Plese cure my frustration

    Hello
    I have a simple request.

    I have two excel files. I would like to open them both at the same time in
    different windows. So basically I would have two instance's of excel open.
    Currently when I open both it launches them in the same instance. This is
    really driving me crazy.

    thanks

  2. #2

    Re: open new instance of excel. Plese cure my frustration

    If you're running xl2k+ and want separate windows (but the same instance):
    Tools|Options|View Tab|Check Windows in task bar

    If you really want separate instances of excel, start one instance normally,
    then
    windows start button|Run|
    excel
    and hit ok

    Then file|open the second workbook in that second instance.

  3. #3
    matt charlton
    Guest

    "Dave Peterson" wrote:

    > If you're running xl2k+ and want separate windows (but the same instance):
    > Tools|Options|View Tab|Check Windows in task bar
    >
    > If you really want separate instances of excel, start one instance normally,
    > then
    > windows start button|Run|
    > excel
    > and hit ok
    >
    > Then file|open the second workbook in that second instance.
    >
    > matt charlton wrote:
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > I have a simple request.
    > >
    > > I have two excel files. I would like to open them both at the same time in
    > > different windows. So basically I would have two instance's of excel open.
    > > Currently when I open both it launches them in the same instance. This is
    > > really driving me crazy.
    > >
    > > thanks

    > --
    >
    > Dave Peterson

    Your a scholar and a gentlemen

    Thank you soo sososo sososo much....I was losing it hehe