Experiencing Error Reports anyone

  1. #1
    Jennifer
    Guest

    Experiencing Error Reports anyone

    Can anyone give me suggestions of what to do? When I am working in my
    workbook (no particular area) I recieve "Microsoft is experiencing an Error
    would you like to send a report". You get the idea. I have tried to follow
    the report but have not solved a thing. It is almost unusable at the moment.
    Anyone help. I have so many hours in this workbook it is imbaressing. Thank
    you sooo much, Jennifer
    --
    Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
    Jennifer

  2. #2

    Re: Experiencing Error Reports anyone

    I think you're gonna have to do some detective work.

    Maybe it's the workbook, maybe it's really excel.

    If it only occurs with this one workbook, then I'd bet it wasn't excel. If it
    happens with other workbooks, too, then maybe Help|Detect and repair (or
    reinstalling) would help.

    If it's only this one workbook, then maybe it's the workbook that's corrupted.
    It seems like each version of excel is sensitive to slightly different stuff.
    (xl2k could have trouble, xl2002 may not--in fact, lots of people have reported
    that xl2002 can open files that xl97 or xl2k couldn't.)

    Maybe you could try to find a copy of xl2002+ to see if opening|saving it there
    would help.

    And if it is a corrupted workbook, you may want to try openoffice. Lots of
    people have said that it's recovered workbooks that excel couldn't.

    (http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD)

    If the file is really important, there are commercial recovery services. I've
    never used it, but you might want to check into:
    http://www.officerecovery.com