Need macro to get machine name

  1. #1
    BCS
    Guest

    Need macro to get machine name

    Is there any way to get the machine name with an Excel macro? I'd even
    settle for a simple DOS script that I could launch from the macro.

    Thanks,

    Barry

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Need macro to get machine name

    msgbox environ("ComputerName")

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    BCS
    Guest

    Re: Need macro to get machine name

    Thanks Bob! Works like a charm!

    Barry

  4. #4

    Re: Need macro to get machine name

    WOW i like that function.. thank god im still learning new stuff.

    anyone know what args this environ function can accept?

  5. #5
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Need macro to get machine name