Conditional Formating-a plain number

  1. #1
    bell7526
    Guest

    Conditional Formating-a plain number

    How do I get the cell to highlight or letters to change color when someone
    changes the content in a cell. Example is I want to have a formula in a cell
    that is a projection and if someone types a plain number over top it to
    adjust the project I want it to highlight. so if the formula calculates 75
    and they want 100 they just key it over the formula and the cell will
    highlight that there was a change. Can someone help me?
    --
    Billy Bellamy

  2. #2
    TomHinkle
    Guest

    re: Conditional Formating-a plain number

    That's Funny!!
    I actually JUST wrote the exact same function about a week ago!! I was
    afraid the user might forget they overwrote a cell..

    Put this code in the worksheet_change event of the worksheet your data is in..

    ' All this if does, is limit the color change to a specific region of the
    worksheet
    If ((Target.Column() > 39) And (Target.Row() > 1)) Then

    If Target.HasFormula Then
    Target.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
    Else
    Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 35

  3. #3
    bell7526
    Guest

    re: Conditional Formating-a plain number

    Do I have to put that in visual basic or is there another way to enter it as
    a formula?
    --
    Billy Bellamy