insert the content of a cell into a header/footer

  1. #1
    subscriptionsink
    Guest

    insert the content of a cell into a header/footer

    I want to insert the content (text) of a selected cell in a header/footer of
    Excel.
    For example, Cell A1 (on sheet 1) contains a label. How can I get that
    label to show in a header?

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: insert the content of a cell into a header/footer

    You will have to use a macro, if you are familiar with macros
    and know you need a macro the newsgroup is microsoft.public.excel.programming

    this is an example of the line of code you will have to work into your macro.

    Activesheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter=Range ("A1").value

    See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm for
    more information for sample macro coding and see boxed note at top
    if not already familiar with macros..

    ---
    HTH,

    news:[email protected]...