printing

  1. #1
    Bacchus
    Guest

    printing

    Hi

    When I print an invoice it always prints an annoying blank page after it.
    Anyone know how I can remedy this so it just orints the one page.

    thanks

    --
    Kevin Oye
    Oye's Outlet

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: printing

    Chances are, your "Print Area" is set just a little too large for one
    sheet............try highlighting just the minimum area you want to print
    and do File > PrintArea > SetPrintArea..............then do File >
    PrintPreview and see how many sheets it shows you are to be
    printed........if still more than one, do File > PageSetup > and check the
    button, Fit to: 1 page wide by 1 tall

    Other than that, if you're getting it from a Network printer, call your MIS
    guy.........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bacchus
    Guest

    Re: printing

    worked like a charm...thanks

    --
    Kevin Oye
    Oye's Outlet
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Long Distance: 1-(800) 791-OYES (6937)
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Oyes-Outlet
    [email protected]
    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: printing

    You're welcome............thanks for the feedback.

  5. #5

    Re: printing

    to be honest; Excel SUCKS at printing.. access is a lot better.
    Especially for having canned reports-- imagine having 12 different
    reports and you want the font to be the exact same on each of these--
    that would be hard to do in Excel.

    I mean--- you can't force everything to print at a certain size.. i
    wish that Access _AND_ excel had better printing.

    I mean-- with access you can't force it to shrink to fit onto a page.

    and with Excel you can't do the opposite-- keep everything so that it
    looks good at a certain resolution.

    it's like MS gives us 30% of a solution in Excel; and a different 30%
    of a solution for Access.

    I just wish that printing was more simliar-- and more POWERFUL in
    Access and Excel.

  6. #6
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: printing

    I always like to have 'show/hide' on permanently. Some people find it
    annoying to have all those non-printable characters on screen. However, it
    is VERY useful to see those redundant and useless odd tabs, spaces and
    carriage returns that can cause layout problems. Just one redundant
    carriage return can make the difference between a document fitting on one
    page and you needn't resort to squeezing into a page unnecessarily.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions