"If" Formulas

  1. #1
    Steve
    Guest

    "If" Formulas

    Hi,

    I have a spreadsheet that asks "yes" or "no" questions. I want to assign a
    value of 1 to all yes reponses and a value of 0 for all no responses. I also
    want to tabulate these (yes responses). I also want to be able to include a
    "Y" response as well as a "Yes" response to be the same value (1).

    Any help out there?

    Thanks,

    Steve

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: "If" Formulas

    =sumproduct(--(left(A1:A100,1)="y"))

    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: "If" Formulas

    Assuming your data is in column A, put this formula in B1 and copy
    =IF(OR(A1="Yes",A1="Y"),1,IF(OR(A1="No",A1="N"),0,""))

    Then, wherever you want the total count of positives..........put
    =COUNTIF(A:A,"Yes")+COUNTIF(A:A,"Y")

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3