making charts based on text categories

  1. #1
    cwling
    Guest

    making charts based on text categories

    I have a column of nationalities and I want to make a pie chart to show the
    percentage of each nationality. How do I do this?

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: making charts based on text categories

    Suppose you have this data in A1:B3

    ABC 900
    XYZ 1000
    DEF 800

    (Ref your subject line, you'd of course need the population *numbers* next
    to the nationalities to plot the pie)

    Select A1:B3
    Click the "Chart Wizard" button
    Choose "Pie" > select the desired sub-type
    Click Next and run through/complete the steps of the wizard

    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...