menus and toolbars disappearing in excel 2003

  1. #1
    Sam
    Guest

    menus and toolbars disappearing in excel 2003

    Hi,

    I have MS Office 2003 in a Windows XP Pro (SP2) laptop which I keep
    updated. I have noticed that when a spread sheet is opened in the
    laptop, the menus and toolbars of the sheet disappear after some time (a
    minute or two). I have tried various things: ALT-v, ALT-c ALT-u but
    nothing seems to work. Only CTRL-o and some other CTRL functions seem to
    work.

    Anybody know where I should start debugging the problem or what the
    problem exactly is?

    thanks,
    Sam.

    --
    Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
    to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.

  2. #2
    Wolf Zscheile
    Guest

    RE: menus and toolbars disappearing in excel 2003

    Hi Sam,

    I got no answer for you, but all of a sudden I got exactly the same problems.
    Whenever I open Excel, the toolbars are there, but disappear after a little
    while,
    but sometimes they are coming back again to disappear again...
    Got Office XP on a desktop.