Problem With Date and Time Picker Control 6.0

  1. #1
    Sunnous
    Guest

    Problem With Date and Time Picker Control 6.0

    Hi All,

    I hope you can help. I am developing a Add-in in Excel 97 (So this addin
    will work in version of 97 and onwards). The problem was I needed a date
    picker like the one was available in Excel 2000.

    I looked on MSDN and downloaded the MSCOMCT2.OCX & MSCOMCT2.INF file. This
    file was registered using Regsvr32, which was successful as it also created a
    MSCOMCT2.SRG file.

    However when I attemp to use the DTPicker I get the following message in
    msgbox:

    "The control could not be created because it is not properly licensed"

    Any help will be greatly appreciatated.

    Many Thanks

  2. #2
    TomHinkle
    Guest

    RE: Problem With Date and Time Picker Control 6.0

    My solution is more of an alternative than a fix for the way you're doing
    your problem.

    The small problem with .OCX controls is that generally there tend to be
    liscensing/versioning issues. I think using them is worth it on a package
    you will be installing and can always include the correct version, but in
    spreadsheets just passed around the office it can get tricky.

    I had that issue once. In the end I replaced the .ocx date picker with 3
    combo boxes.. One for month, date, and year respectively. Doesn't quite look
    as pretty, BUT the users liked it just as much.. (you can get really dynamic
    with how the combo's are populated/validated too but I just put 31 days in
    the date box and validated M,D,Y once they were all filled in.)

    Just a thought.