How do I make rows expand to fit wrapped text in cells?

  1. #1
    FRUSTRATED
    Guest

    How do I make rows expand to fit wrapped text in cells?

    I am submitting a grant which must be done in Excel. The grant was
    originally written in Word, and I am cutting and pasting, a paragraph at a
    time, into Excel. When I do Format -> Row -> Autofit, it shrinks the cell to
    one line, regardless of how many lines of wrapped text are in there. I'm on
    a deadline and really need help fast...

  2. #2
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: How do I make rows expand to fit wrapped text in cells?

    If you have a lot to convert, I'd save the original word file as a text file
    and then open that into excel. I'd use the "DELIMITED" choice and ensure
    that all of the delimiters are turned off. Once you have the data in excel,
    format the cells using FORMAT CELLS -> ALIGNMENT -> WRAP TEXT

  3. #3
    PC
    Guest

    Re: How do I make rows expand to fit wrapped text in cells?

    Try
    Selecting the cells and using

    Format/Cells/Alignment and select "Wrap Text"

    Instead of the process you are using.

    HTH

    PC

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: How do I make rows expand to fit wrapped text in cells?

    If you're using merged cells, you'll have to adjust the rowheight
    manually--autofit doesn't work nice with merged cells.

    Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05