Setting up a booklist using an easy bibliographic entry form?

  1. #1
    Garry T
    Guest

    Setting up a booklist using an easy bibliographic entry form?

    I am a librarian in a small independent school. I need to build an
    acquistions list from several faculty lists. I would like to type in the
    data from each list and make one list that can be alphabetized or arranged by
    vendor, publisher, author, title, etc.

  2. #2
    PC
    Guest

    Re: Setting up a booklist using an easy bibliographic entry form?

    Make sure the Faculty Acquisition Lists are all in the same format.

    Copy & paste the lists into one document.

    Then select the entire table and use

    Data/Filter/Advanced

    selecting the
    Copy to a new location and Unique Items Only options.

    This will give you one unique list that can be sorted.

    If you have the teachers provide the ISBN's and work off of that field you
    can then only create a unique list of that field and use VLOOKUPS to return
    the remaining information about the books.

    PC

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Garry T
    Guest

    Re: Setting up a booklist using an easy bibliographic entry form?

    Thanks, PC, but the faculty lists are all printed or handwritten. I'm trying
    to compile some old data into a new digital format that can be worked,
    updated, and sorted in the acquisitions process. I was hoping for an Excel
    template that would build a sortable list like the MAC software for personal
    libraries.