Possible to apply Autofilter to a subset of available columns?

  1. #1
    Paul Moore
    Guest

    Possible to apply Autofilter to a subset of available columns?

    Hello,

    I have a spreadsheet to which I want to apply Autofilter. However, I don't
    want to be able to sort on all columns, that is, I only want to be to filter
    and sort the spreadsheet based on some of the columns, with the other
    columns having no downward pointing arrow in their headers.

    I've found a way to do this for a single column. If I drag and select the
    column and enable Autofiler, then Autofilter is only enabled for that
    column. But I haven't found a way to do it for multiple and non-contiguous
    columns.

    Can anyone help?

    Many thanks,
    Paul

    --
    paul-dot-moore@pandora-dot-be
    Adjust dots for real address

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Possible to apply Autofilter to a subset of available columns?

    You can hide some of the arrows with programming. There's sample code here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Hide

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Paul Moore
    Guest

    Re: Possible to apply Autofilter to a subset of available columns?

    Thanks Debra,

    I'll try it out.

    paul<dot>moore@pandora<dot>be
    Adjust "dots" for real address