how do i do an alphabetical list of songs for a booklet

  1. #1
    melodie
    Guest

    how do i do an alphabetical list of songs for a booklet

    i need to do a booklet of song titles for karaoke booklets but thgey need to
    be done in alphabetical order, any ideas what i need ?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    use Word document

  3. #3
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    Whether you use Excel or Word, make your entries in any order, then use the Sort Function to put your entries in Ascending order.

    note: "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" will come before "All Of Me".

    Printing in booklet format is definitely easier in Word!

    HTH
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  4. #4
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: how do i do an alphabetical list of songs for a booklet

    All you need to do is enter the song titles into a column in Excel and you
    can use the DATA -> SORT command to sort them in "ABC Order". Can you tell
    I have a school age child?

  5. #5
    Judy Freed
    Guest

    Re: how do i do an alphabetical list of songs for a booklet

    You could do this in Access, Excel or Word. If you were going to do this in
    Excel, just type each title (in any order) then use the Sort feature to sort
    the list (Data, Sort).

    Judy Freed
    Systems Development
    UNC Charlotte

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    melodie
    Guest

    Re: how do i do an alphabetical list of songs for a booklet

    i have word but i dont know where to find the sort function, im a bit dim
    when it comes to computers !!! please help my brain hurts ...lol.

  7. #7
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    In Word, on the Main Menu at the top, click Table then select Sort...