Date formats

  1. #1
    JR
    Guest

    Date formats

    I received a file with dates as follows 08011944 or August 1, 1944 and I need
    to convert it to a true date format 8/1/1944 to use it in other files. I
    can't simply format it as a date as it isn't recognized as such. Any help in
    how to convert would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: Date formats

    Select the column with the dates, do data>text to columns, click next twice
    and under column data format select Date and then MDY or DMY depending on if
    you are using US or British dates, click finish

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom