data visualization

  1. #1

    data visualization

    Hi,
    I have a 60k row worksheet that has three columns
    company customer num_orders
    Microsoft Maryland 150
    Symantec Maryland 110

    I want a chart to show that Microsoft and Symantec have a common
    customer. For example a circle representing Maryland would connect to
    two other circles representing Microsoft and Symantec. The 60k row
    worksheet contains hundreds different companies and thousands of
    different customers. If this cannot be done with Excel, does anyone
    have a low cost software solution?

    Thanks

    Note to the cross posting police. This post can also be found in
    microsoft.public.excel.charting, no answer there yet.

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: data visualization

    With hundreds of companies and thousands of customers, a chart would be a
    mass of circles and points. How about something like a listing of customers
    with all the companies associated with those customers? You can get that
    with Data - Filter - Auto Filter (one customer at a time) of with a macro
    producing the total list in one swack.
    news:[email protected]...