Chart column widths

  1. #1

    Chart column widths

    I have a series of data with two values per date and I want to plot
    this as Clustered columns. If I leave out the dates for the X-axis, the
    columns are nice & clear, wide enough to see well, but the weeks are
    just numbered.

    If I add the dates as the X-axis information the columns become
    minutely thin with a wide gap between each pair. I've already
    orientated the date text and reduced the font down to 5pt, but nothing
    I do seems to make the columns themselves get any wider or closer
    together.

    Is there a simple way to alter the width of these columns so that the
    information is clearly visible?

    Thanks,

    Gill W

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Chart column widths

    Hi,

    Right click chart and pick Chart Options. On the dialog check the axis
    tab and set the x axis to be category instead of Automatic/Time series.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel