Totaling Months

  1. #1
    Roy
    Guest

    Totaling Months

    I have 3 columns in my worksheet, column F Date Due, column G is Date
    Completed, and column H is Status (completed on time (GREEN) and late (RED)).
    What I am looking for is to get a subtotal of how many line items were
    closed on time and late. For example in the completed column there could be
    10 lines completed in Jan. of those 8 were closed on or before the due date
    and 2 were completed late. This would be true for all of the other months.
    The columns look like this:

    Date Due Date Complete Status
    R/G

    2/1/2005 2/1/2005 GREEN
    1/1/2005 2/1/2005 RED
    2/1/2005 3/1/2005 RED
    4/1/2005 4/1/2005 GREEN
    4/30/2005 5/1/2005 RED
    5/1/2005 5/2/2005 RED
    6/1/2005 5/3/2005 GREEN
    5/1/2005 6/1/2005 RED
    7/1/2005 7/1/2005 GREEN
    8/1/2005 8/1/2005 GREEN
    10/1/2005 9/1/2005 GREEN
    9/1/2005 9/1/2005 GREEN
    12/1/2005 11/1/2005 GREEN
    11/1/2005 12/1/2005 RED

    Basically what I need is to find how many line items were closed on time or
    late for a given months.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Totaling Months

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(A1:A100,"mmm")="Jan"),--(C1:C100="RED"))

    for late, just change to GREEN for on time.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...