[SOLVED] password protect .csv file

  1. #1
    Jennifer Boe
    Guest

    [SOLVED] password protect .csv file

    I tried to post this question yesterday but can't find it. If this is a
    duplicate question I apologize.

    I need to save a .csv file so that it can be opened and read by another
    user, but not changed without a password. When I try to protect the sheet
    all the right popups and options appear, but the file isn't protected.

    Is it possible to protect a .csv file? If so, how?

    Thank you.

    Jennifer

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: password protect .csv file

    You got an answer yesterday and you cannot password protect a CSV file, you
    might be able to make it read only but it is very easy to undo and so is
    password protection as well

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom