Entering Todays date in an excel spreadseet

  1. #1
    David
    Guest

    Entering Todays date in an excel spreadseet

    I have a need to automatically save the current date to a cell in an excel spreadsheet every time the sheet is saved.

    Today() always returns the current date, so once I open the sheet on a new day I can no longer see the date the information was last updated, i.e. saved.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Entering Todays date in an excel spreadseet

    Check the archives

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...ugroup=*excel*

    for dozens of examples, using "last saved date":

    http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...22+group%3A*ex
    cel*

  3. #3
    Doug
    Guest

    Re: Entering Todays date in an excel spreadseet

    Try this

    Sub SetSaveEvent()
    ActiveWorkbook.OnSave = "SaveProcedure"
    End Sub