Filling Blank Cells

  1. #1
    Pankaj
    Guest

    Filling Blank Cells

    Hi,

    I have an excel sheet with 1000 names in Column A. Each cell in Column A has
    5 associated cells in Column B. ie If A1 has a name "ABC"....it has B1
    through B5 associated with it. The next value would be in A6...which has
    values from B6 through B10 associated with it. My question is there a formula
    where i can fill in cells A2:A5 with ABC and A7:A10 with the value in
    A6.....and so on.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Filling Blank Cells

    Pankaj,

    Select column A, then use Edit / Go To... Special Blanks OK. Then type an
    equal sign, press the up arrow key once, then press Ctrl-Enter. Then
    reselect column A, copy, and paste values, and you're done.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    TomHinkle
    Guest

    Re: Filling Blank Cells

    Bernie,

    I'm an excel geek too and have been for a LONG time... That's by far one of
    the most creative (and useful) tips I've heard.. Props..

    (can you see my question on pivot table sorting??)

  4. #4
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Filling Blank Cells

    Thanks.

    But I don't see any post by you regarding pivot tables.

    Bernie

    news:[email protected]...