Excel devides every number by 100

  1. #1
    kings
    Guest

    Excel devides every number by 100

    Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back.
    I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is
    very annoying and adding loads of work to my project.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Julian Mattay
    Guest

    Re: Excel devides every number by 100

    "=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3M=?=" <[email protected]>
    wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5)
    > and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell
    > format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and
    > adding loads of work to my project.
    >
    > thanks

    G'day,

    In Tools\Options\Edit turn off Fixed decimal
    If that doesn't help, I don't know.

    Cheers,
    Julian

    --
    Julian Mattay, email: julian x mattay z csiro x au
    (where x -> dot, z -> at)

  3. #3
    Mangesh Yadav
    Guest

    Re: Excel devides every number by 100

    Tools > Options > Edit tab.
    Uncheck fixed decimals box.

    Mangesh

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Unhappy I had the same problem, possibly I could help later

    Quote Originally Posted by kings
    Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back.
    I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is
    very annoying and adding loads of work to my project.

    thanks
    Hi

    I had just the same problem about two years ago, and all changes in Eccel options did not help. I thought had an excel macro virus. etc.!
    The problem has then been resolved, but I have to remeber how
    Sorry that does not help, hopefully me or somebody else could write you back shortly

  5. #5
    stephen
    Guest

    Re: Excel devides every number by 100

    Thanks you all fro your help. the fixed decimal thing woprked.

    Cheers

    Stephen