Remove characters from a text string using a formula

  1. #1
    duncrbrt
    Guest

    Remove characters from a text string using a formula

    I need a formula where I can remove characters such as . - space or _. These
    characters can show up anywhere in the text string. i.e.,
    123-abc should be 123abc
    123 abc should be 123abc

    any help would be greatly appreciated,

    Regards,

    Robert

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Remove characters from a text string using a formula

    Hi!

    Try this to remove periods(or decimal points), dashes(-), spaces, and
    underscores( _ )

    =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,".",""),"-",""),"

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...