Forms - Scroll Bar or Spinner (Data in increments)

  1. #1
    JEFF
    Guest

    Forms - Scroll Bar or Spinner (Data in increments)

    Hello All,

    I'm a first time user of a form. I'd like to use the Scroll Bar, but two
    problems:

    1. It only allows whole numbers (I'd like to use %)
    2. Max value is 30,000 (I'd like it to be higher)

    Any thoughts?

    TIA

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good evening Jeff

    I have always found spinners a little restrictive in using whole numbers, (after all Excel uses them in places so why can't we?). You don't have to actually place the spinner counter on screen, you could link the spinner to a text box and display the result of the spinner divided by 10 to get a decimal place in the text box - it's cheating but it can be done.

    Alternatively, set up two small buttons next to a text box, using symbols from the wingdings character set as up and down arrows. Each of these buttons needs a piece of code attached to increase or decrease the value of the text box accordingly. You couldn't get this to look exactly like the Excel equivalent, but you won't have any restrictions and can format it how you please.

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3
    JEFF
    Guest

    Re: Forms - Scroll Bar or Spinner (Data in increments)

    I went with the first option and used a helper column..... Thanks.

  4. #4
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Hi Jeff.

    Glad to help. Thanks for the feedback.

    DominicB

  5. #5
    JustinLabenne

    JEFF Wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I'm a first time user of a form. I'd like to use the Scroll Bar, but
    > two
    > problems:
    >
    > 1. It only allows whole numbers (I'd like to use %)
    > 2. Max value is 30,000 (I'd like it to be higher)
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > TIA

    With the (userform) scroll bar selected, press F4. This displays the
    Properties Window. You can change the "Max" property for the top limit
    to go. I set it to 100000 no problem. As for percentages, not sure how
    you want it formatted but I just put a label on the form to reflect the
    updating scrollbar value with a percentage sign behind it. ?

    Private Sub ScrollBar1_Scroll()
    ' Label is renamed as "lblValue"
    lblValue.Caption = ScrollBar1.Value & "%"

    JustinLabenne