Lock or Unlock cell references in a formula for auto fill purposes

  1. #1
    David P.
    Guest

    Lock or Unlock cell references in a formula for auto fill purposes

    Are there any tricks (control or alt + something for example) to locking or
    unlocking (probably not using the correct terms) of cell references in a
    formula in order to set it up for the autofill scenario I want to do? For
    example if I have the following formula:

    =a1+b1

    How can I easily change it to =$a$1+$b$1
    or =a$1+b$1
    or =$a1+$b1

    I may just be crazy, but if you have any quicker command button suggestions
    to change these scenarios easier than having to type them every time that
    would be great. Thank you.
    --
    David P.

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Lock or Unlock cell references in a formula for auto fill purposes

    Select the relevant cell references in the formula bar and press
    F4 to cycle through the various reference styles.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Lock or Unlock cell references in a formula for auto fill purposes

    If you highlight A1 in the formulabar, you can toggle between the absolute
    references and relative references by hitting the F4 key.

    If you highlight the whole formula, then all the ranges will cycle though the
    different reference styles.