Same column, different cell width at different row

  1. #1
    Glenn Chung
    Guest

    Same column, different cell width at different row

    I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to
    separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different
    cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same
    column but different cell width.

    Thanks!

    Glenn

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Same column, different cell width at different row

    You can't do that.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    "Glenn Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Same column, different cell width at different row

    You could get kind of close by merging cells.

    But it causes more trouble with other stuff (sorting/copy|pasting).

    I wouldn't use it.

    Select your cells that should be merged, then format|cells|Alignment tab
    check the Merge Cells box.

    It's nice for viewing, but it's a pain with other stuff.

  4. #4
    Chris Jones in Perth WA
    Guest

    RE: Same column, different cell width at different row

    Glenn, if you simply highlight the rows on the rioght of the spreadsheet that
    you want to make bigger (left mouse and drag), then go to format / rows,
    change height of rows and you'll have cells the same column width but bigger
    height.

    Chris Jones