Jon Peltier Speedometer Chart

  1. #1

    Jon Peltier Speedometer Chart

    Hi

    I am trying to set up the speedometer chart from http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html.

    I have made the donut chart and also the scatter diagram for the needles. Unfortunately my needles are too big for the chart meaning that stick out at the top of the donut chart.

    What determines the length of the needle? How can I change this? I am also having difficulty adding the series labels. Does anyone have a completed graph that I could amend?

    TIA

    E Thoemmes ( [email protected])

  2. #2
    Forum Expert Ron Coderre's Avatar
    Boston, Massachusetts
    MS-Off Ver
    2013, 2016, O365
    Posts
    6,996
    Jon Peltier's Speedometer chart is an amazing feat of charting. I have a version I use in my job that includes a modification to automatically adjust the chart rotation for proper alignment. It's moderately documented. Blue text indicates input items.

    Feel free to amend it to suit your needs.

    Regards,
    Ron
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #3

    Great workbook

    Thanks Ron, great workbook.

  4. #4
    Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)
    Guest

    Re: Jon Peltier Speedometer Chart

    Ron Coderre wrote:
    > Jon Peltier's Speedometer chart is an amazing feat of charting. I have
    > a version I use in my job that includes a modification to automatically
    > adjust the chart rotation for proper alignment. It's moderately
    > documented. Blue text indicates input items.
    >
    > Feel free to amend it to suit your needs.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ron

    > |Filename: speed6a.zip |
    > |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3465 |

    ----------------------

    I'm a bit stumped Ron. I clicked on your link above and it opens a web
    page with an error message: Invalid Attachment specified. I tried two
    different browsers as a sanity check.

    No problem. I plug in the name of your file into the search bar on that
    page and it also croaks iwth "0 results found".

    Yet apparently Thoemmes could get it without problem.

    Is there something obscure going on here, or am I just incredibly dense?

    Thanks....

    Bill

  5. #5
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    Re: Jon Peltier Speedometer Chart

    Bill

    First, a little background:
    That thread originated on the ExcelTip forum (which recently began periodic
    interfaces with this forum). For that reason I posted my reply there, plus
    it's easier to work with and accepts attachements. However, for some reason
    the links don't carry over to this forum properly.

    The answer you want:
    If you look at the bottom of my post, there should be a "view this thread"
    link. Click on that to go to the ExcelTip forum. The link to my file on that
    site works fine.

    If you don't see the link, though. Here it is:
    View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=377043

    Ron

  6. #6

    Ron Coderre wrote:
    > Bill
    >
    > First, a little background:
    > That thread originated on the ExcelTip forum (which recently began periodic
    > interfaces with this forum). For that reason I posted my reply there, plus
    > it's easier to work with and accepts attachements. However, for some reason
    > the links don't carry over to this forum properly.
    >
    > The answer you want:
    > If you look at the bottom of my post, there should be a "view this thread"
    > link. Click on that to go to the ExcelTip forum. The link to my file on that
    > site works fine.
    >
    > If you don't see the link, though. Here it is:
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=377043

    -----------------------

    That doesn't quite work either Ron, though I don't know if it's a
    temporary problem or something more insideous. It gives the error:

    There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can

    also contact if the problem persists.

    We apologise for any inconvenience.

    Bill

  7. #7
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    Re: Jon Peltier Speedometer Chart

    Sorry, Bill. Evidently, the ExcelTip forum has been down for a while. It
    will eventually be back up.
    Ron