calculate sales run rate

  1. #1
    LoriM
    Guest

    calculate sales run rate

    Hello All! I am in need of help to calculate two sales run rates using
    formulas.

    The formula I currently use for a monthly run rate is:
    =SUM(MTD Sales/Today's day # in month * Total # Days in month)
    I manually add up number of weekdays in month (minus holidays) & today's day
    # in month.

    Through browsing the board, I am using the following formula to figure
    number of weekdays in date range minus holidays (K1:K40)

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(J2&":"&J3)),2)<6))-
    COUNT(K1:K40)

    (1) How do I calculate monthly run rate based on today's date?
    (2) How do I calculate quarterly run rate based on today's date?

    TIA for any suggestions :-)

  2. #2
    Anki
    Guest

    RE: calculate sales run rate

    LoriM, not sure if I fully understand your problem. But here are the two
    functions that may help: today() gets you today's date; and eomonth (such as
    EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)) will push to the end of month. EOMONTH can save your
    manual work to find out the number of days in current month. By changing 0
    to 2, for example, you can push today's date 2 months ahead and find the
    month end date.

    With the combination of the weekday function, I hope you can what you need.
    Or simply provide a simple example with cell number and value and what you
    want to get out of it...